UCTC – Realising Potential
UCTC is a College that is a strong, caring community of students, staff and parents and we are all very proud of its achievements. Our college motto is ‘Realising Potential’ and we constantly strive to inspire and support every child to learn and develop as mature, wise, fully rounded individuals. Our unswerving commitment is to bring out the best in your child. Our aim is for your child to grow up as an individual who not only has a deep understanding of the world but also has the emotional intelligence and strong moral values that enable him or her to be a happy and positive member of our global society.
- Ofsted 2009 “Every child really does matter at UCTC.”
- Ofsted 2009 “UCTC is special.”
- Ofsted 2009 “The College is innovative and has a record of success in raising standards and
- Ofsted 2013 “Student behaviour is exemplary.”
- Ofsted 2013 “Teacherpupil relationships are particularly strong at UCTC.”
- Ofsted 2013 “Your students are the most moral we have found in many years of doing
UCTC – A personalised curriculum
A big advantage of being a larger school than average is that we can offer a wider variety of optional courses from which each student can select his or her bespoke curriculum. Our ambitious curriculum prepares young people for a modern, changing world and includes traditional moral values that have stood the test of time. There is a wide variety of extra-curricular activities and trips that enrich young people’s lives.
- Ofsted 2009 “Students develop into mature and thoughtful young adults.”
- Ofsted 2009 “Students are enthusiastic and keen to learn.”
- Ofsted 2009 “Impressive teaching.”
- Ofsted 2013 “UCTC is on the cusp of Outstanding.”
UCTC – People matter
We believe the strong triangle of UCTC staff, you the parents and your child working together enables each student to flourish. We involve students in discussions about their learning (Student Voice) and we not only listen to parents but actively engage you in decision making. We have Parent Forums and our doors are always open to discussions about your child’s progress.
- Ofsted 2009 “Very positive atmosphere and attitudes shown by students and staff.”
- Ofsted 2009 “High morale.”
I make no excuses for sounding so very proud of the strengths, achievements and successes of our students.